As Aussies we know we have an incredibly talented and varied locally grown music scene. The last couple of years have deprived us of seeing many of our favorite artists on stage but that is finally changing! Now that Australia has relaxed its travel restrictions, Aussie artists are back on tour and a number of them are heading our way!
From indie favorites to true Aussie legends, it will be one busy summer in New York for Australian music and here are some of the artists we cannot wait to see live!
- Brisbane singer-songwriter Hatchie will be at the Music Hall in Williamsburg on May 7th. Tickets start at $20.
- It will then be a busy couple of weeks at Brooklyn Steel with Sydney rockers Gang of Youths performing on May 10th, followed two days later by Hayden James on May 12th then by Melbourne pub rockers Amyl and The Sniffers on May 19th. Tickets for each start at $30.
- Rounding out May with one of our latest popular exports Dean Lewis, who will be performing at Webster Hall on May 20th. Tickets start at $35.
- Fan fave Vance Joy is back in New York this time performing at Pier 17 on June 4th. Official tickets are already sold out but keep an eye out for resale tickets on Ticketmaster.
- Newcomer Buderjah will be Vance Joy’s supporting act for his NYC performance. If you dont’t get a chance to catch him at Pier 17, he will also be doing a solo gig at Baby’s All Right in Brooklyn on June 6th. Tickets start at $22.
- Rufus du Sol will have three shows at Forest Hills Stadium on June 10th, 11th and 12th. Tickets start at $80.
- Betty Who will be on stage at the Wellmont Theatre in New Jersey on June 11th headlining their Pride Concert. Tickets start at $30.
- For those of us missing the good old Aussie music festivals, Sounds Australia will be hosting the Aussie BBQ 2022 at Central Park’s SummerStage on Saturday June 18th. There will be sets from Baker Boy, Electric Fields, G Flip, Haiku Hands, Peking Duk and You Am I. Entrance is free and gates will open at 3pm.
- This one’s a biggie! Legendary Aussie rock band Midnight Oil will be performing at the Hammerstein Ballroom on June 19th. Tickets start at $55.
- Tash Sultana is back on tour in the US and will be performing at Pier 17 on June 26th.
- If you’re up for a little nostalgia as the summer kicks off, Little River Band will be performing on July 1st at the Count Basie Center for the Arts in New Jersey. Tickets start at $35.
- Lime Cordiale are bringing their Facts of Life tour to New York, playing Bowery Ballroom on July 8th. Recipients of the 2021 ARIA Award for Best Australian Live Act, this show will not disappoint. Tickets on sale May 5th, starting at $20.
- There will be a great Aussie double-header at Radio City on July 21st with Courtney Barnett headlining and being supported by Blue Mountains native Julia Jacklin. Tickets start at $36.
- New Add! Singer songwriter Tones and I will be performing at Terminal 5 on July 26th. Great tix still available online!
- New Add! NZ indie rock band The Beths will be performing a free concert at the Lena Horne Bandshell in Prospect Park as part of the Brooklyn Festival on July 29th.
- Northlane will be performing at Irving Plaza on July 31st. Tickets (+ a guaranteed mosh pit!) start at $55
- New Add! Sydney dance pop duo Bag Raiders will be performing in Brooklyn on August 5th.
- New Add! Adding to the list of legendary Aussie bands coming to NY this summer, Men at Work have announced a show at Brooklyn Steel on August 21st! No better way to sing loud and proud- I come from a land down under...
- There is no better or more Aussie way to end the summer than with the legends themselves Crowded House who will be performing at the Beacon Theatre on Wednesday September 7th. Tickets start at $70. Hey now hey now, don’t dream it’s over….
- Aussie tribute band the Australian Pink Floyd Show will play two shows in the area, September 16th at Kings Theatre in Brooklyn then September 18th at the Hackensack Meridian Heath Theatre in New Jersey. Tickets start at $30.
- New Add! Julia Jacklin who some may have just seen at Radio City supporting Courtney Barnett is coming back to NY on September 16th for a solo show at Brooklyn Steel.
- New Add! Newer to the music scene, Aussie indie-dance trio Crooked Colours will be performing at the Music Hall in Williamsburg on September 29th
- New Add! Aussie indie folk trio Sons of the East are back on the road and will be performing at Baby’s All Right in Brooklyn on October 13th.
- Rockers King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard will be performing at Forest Hills Stadium on October 21st. Tickets start at $45.
The AWNY team will definitely be catching a few of these concerts and we hope you get a chance to enjoy some live Aussie music over the next few months!
Check back as we will update the list as any more concerts are announced.