February 14 falls on a Monday this year, not the most romantic day of the week and you may not want to go inside a crowded restaurant just yet. But, there are lots of opportunities to think about romance. Here we have put together a few ideas to help you out.
Want to stay indoors? Cuddle up with a great book.
Read a romantic book perhaps, or a book about love or sex; some of our AWNY mates have created good reads in both the fiction and non-fiction space:
- Rachel Hills – The Sex Myth
- Skye Cleary – Existentialism and Romantic Love
- Georgia Clark‘s most recent book is – It Had to Be You
- Cyndi Darnell specializes in relationship coaching and sex therapy. She has a book coming out in June called ‘Sex when you don’t feel like it’, you can pre-order here. cyndidarnell.com
Want out of the house? Here are some ideas.
- Go ice-skating with a mate – Bryant Park rink in midtown is open until 11pm
- See a romantic show like Moulin Rouge (produced by the Aussie team at Global Creatures) or check out The Music Man with our very own Hugh Jackman as the leading man.
- Most Broadways shows are closed on Mondays but there is one romance-heavy show that will be playing, The Phantom of the Opera.
- Head to a rooftop bar like The Refinery; 230 Fifth; Eataly; Restoration Hardware; Daintree Rooftop & Lounge
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day the day or two before and treat yourself to a special prix-fixe menu as part of NYC Restaurant Week running until the 13th February 2022.