Early autumn storms couldn’t keep a group of Aussie women from catching up for some well-earned drinks and socializing. About 20 of us gathered at the new suave Australian-run rooftop bar Daintree to shared stories about life in the Big Apple.
Perched atop the Hotel Hendricks at 25 West 38th Street, Daintree Rooftop & Lounge reimagines the New York City rooftop bar scene from an Aussie point-of-view.
We definitely enjoyed helping Daintree bring the spirit of Down Under to midtown Manhattan!
Join us at our upcoming events:
We loved catching up with new and familiar faces at AWNY’s Rooftop Drinks, and look forward to seeing you again at one of our upcoming events.
- Visit Redhook with AWNY on Saturday, October 9th: Escape Manhattan and visit Brooklyn’s best kept secret – Red Hook. Join a small group of Aussie ladies to ride the open air ferry, see the Statue of Liberty, sample some key lime pie and share a southern style lunch at the famous Hometown Bar-B-Que. Register here.
- AWNY’s October Coffee Stroll on Saturday, October 16th: Join the friendly Australian Women in New York for our monthly Coffee Strolls: we’ll grab a coffee, support Aussie business and explore New York City! We’ll meet up at 3:00pm out front of Bluestone Lane Cafe at 1120 Sixth Avenue and explore Bryant Park — affectionately known as Manhattan’s “town square.” Visit our Facebook page for details.
For more information and resources check out:
- The AWNY Newsletter. Register to be kept in the loop for our upcoming events where you can connect with like-minded Aussie and NZ women living and working in New York.
- AWNY Facebook Page & AWNY Community Facebook Group
- Australian Mums & Dads in NYC Facebook Group
- LinkedIn Group
You’re also welcome to email us at awny [@] aaanyc.org.