NB: This hike was previously scheduled for Nov 1, but has been rescheduled to Sun Nov 8, due to weather.
Determined to do some leaf peeping before Fall turns to Winter?
Join us for a fall leaf-peeping, socially-distanced hike ‘n lunch at Cold Spring, a quaint village upstate New York. We are going to hit the trails early to avoid the crowds and enjoy uninterrupted fall foliage views.
Our itinerary for the day is as follows:
6:30AM: Meet at Grand Central Terminal on MetroNorth platform.
6:45AM: Train departs to Cold Spring.
8:10AM: Train arrives at Cold Spring, begin 15min walk to the Bull Hill trailhead. There are two trails with different lengths/difficulties: Bull Hill Full Loop is 8.9km or 3hrs10min and Bull Hill Short Loop is 6.9km or 2hr30min. We will decide on the route based on group preferences that morning, or alternatively we can divide into 2 sub-groups.
12:00PM Finish the hike and walk back to Cold Spring for lunch and drinks in the outdoor garden of Cold Spring Depot.
~3:00PM Train home late afternoon, and perhaps nap along the scenic ride from Cold Spring back to Grand Central.
~5:00PM Train arrives at Grand Central and we all go our separate ways.
- A reminder that you must RSVP before Wednesday October 28 – as spots are limited to 20 people.
- BYO water, lunch, snacks, sunscreen, hiking gear.
- This event is family and dog friendly – but your dog must be on leash, and you must RSVP for each person in your family group.
- Option: for those with their own transport, feel free to join us at the railway station in Cold Spring at 8:10am – RSVP is still essential.
- Train schedules are here: https://new.mta.info/schedules
Event Details & RSVP
Date: Sunday, November 8, 2020, (previously was Nov 1, but has been rescheduled to Sun Nov 8, due to inclement weather).
Time: 6:30AM-5:00PM ET
Where: We will head to Cold Spring together as a group by train, meeting at Grand Central Terminal’s Metro North train platform for the 6:45am train to Cold Spring. See below for the full itinerary!
Cost: Our event is free, though you will need to BYO train ticket and lunch/drinks
RSVP: is essential by Wednesday November 3. RSVPs are limited to 20 people in order to comply with NYS’s COVID safety guidelines. If you plan to join us please use the form below, sending an RSVP for each person who plans to attend:
Don’t miss our next event
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you at our upcoming events. For further information and resources check out:
- The AWNY Newsletter. Register to be kept in the loop for our upcoming events where you can connect with like-minded Aussie and NZ women living and working in New York.
- AWNY Facebook Page & AWNY Community Facebook Group
- Australian Mums & Dads in NYC Facebook Group
- LinkedIn Group