As I write the header to this newsletter I can not believe it is the end of 2019. This year has gone by so quickly and we literally only have about 4 weeks until Christmas. Have you started your shopping yet? I haven’t, but must get onto it now with all the great sales!
It is always tricky with kids in the city when it gets cold to keep everyone busy and entertained.
Here are a few things happening in NYC in the upcoming weeks. There are lots of FREE things included:
- Free – holiday train show at Grand Central Station. Get the kids out of the cold and visit the free exhibit, open Nov 21 – Feb 23, 2020.
- Free – Nutcracker beloved holiday ballet, a 1 hour kid friendly version being offered at Brookfield Place.
- Winter Villages throughout the city – including Union Square, Bryant Park & Columbus circle, all offering lots of gorgeous holiday gifts, food and drinks.
- Broadway under the stars – The Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle is offering free performances on Monday evenings from all your Broadway favorites including Come From Away, Chicago, Frozen etc
- Jingle Fest Free Concert & Cookie Swap is a family friendly concert in Brooklyn. You need to bring some cookies to swap to enter for free.
- Dyker Heights Christmas lights – Tour Brooklyn’s amazing homes all lit up for the holidays.
- Check out the amazing window displays at Saks Fifth Ave, which has a “Frozen 2” theme this year.
- Macys and Bloomingdales also have magical window displays and inside the store the magic continues with gorgeous Christmas decorations.
- I visited the Lumino City holiday display on Randalls’ Island. It’s a wonderful display of holiday lights, with three enchanting themed areas, including Winter Fantasy, Wild Adventure and Safari. My tip is to wear rain boots, as it is muddy, and go early, as it gets busy. The kids loved it! Use promo code 5secretNYC for 5% off tickets.
- Hit the ice for ice skating, but for those who can’t skate (like myself) you can still be on the ice with bumper cars! I did this last year with the kids in Bryant Park. This year they have moved to a bigger location in Brooklyn’s Aviator Sports Center.
Photo by Renato Abati on Pexels.com
I hope you all have a lovely time over the holiday season. Anyone traveling back to Australia? I am going back with my family to Sydney for a few weeks, which should be great. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all.